Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Midterm Research Paper

For my research paper, I would like to explain how advertising as we know it in its current state has been a vital key to the corruption of the corporate world. I will first begin with a brief synopsis of how corporations came up to prominence and what they originally intended to do. From there, I will then track the advertising techniques corporations took at each point. In doing so, I hope to demonstrate the devolution of corporations from their original humble intentions to their current states of controversy and periodic but widespread social disapproval.

Of course, there must be a reason why corporations have become so vastly disapproved. Somewhere along the line, I will detail the idea that advertising in itself became a corporation, not just a business. As a result, media and advertising are growing more powerful to the extent that corporations can be scrutinized to the extreme. Because of it, corporations cannot afford to let out the whole truth and have thus slowly chipped away at conveying their whole truths. This has cast the accurate impression that there is now a web of corporate lies in which the public is unknowingly entangled.

I want to support my claims using cited and reliable research sources. Therefore, I will use scholarly resources such as Google Scholar as well as scholarly search engines such as ProQuest and other systems given by the Wayne State library network. I will also try to look through business journals online, such as the Wall Street Journal, to further corroborate my argument. With proper evidence to back up my claims, I think I can write an effective midterm research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment